I'm mostly a Mac user and I also really like Linux (especially Ubuntu), but I hate Windows. However, I'm occasionally required to use Windows at work, so I've found a way to make using Windows more enjoyable: to use Ubuntu (installed on VirtualBox inside of Windows) instead of Windows for everything except for the few tasks which require Windows.
So I have made this little How to Install Ubuntu on VirtualBox in Windows setup guide:
- Install VirtualBox
- Download Ubuntu 12.04 ISO file
- Create and configure a Virtual Machine
- Tweak Virtual Machine hardware settings
- Install Ubuntu in the Virtual Machine
- Make Ubuntu nicer to use in VirtualBox
- Using your new Virtual Ubuntu system
- Download installer from: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads ...